Sunday, December 12, 2021

Problem with Republicans? Read this.

"I’ve spent much of my life pastoring in predominately white churches in the South.  Before that, I was raised in a family with many Conservatives. I’ve always been surrounded by Republican voters, and until very recently I could respect their positions, even when I disagreed with them. Despite our differences, I still saw them as inherently well-intentioned people.

"That is becoming nearly impossible, because I now realize something about them that grieves me.

"I used to think this was all about education. I’ve spent the last few years trying to make them aware of the ugliness they are tethered to, the criminality of the politicians they support, the irreparable damage they are doing to our nation’s sacred systems. I operated under the false assumption that if I could only make them aware of the malevolence of their party, that their better angels would certainly move them to fully reject it."

Hierarchy above all is the name of their game. And people who can feel superior to others follow along. 

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2021/12/11/why-ive-lost-respect-for-my-republican-friends/