Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Set Up the Top

Our friend Anne forwarded us an email that provides an opportunity to use the technique, "Set Them Up," from the Take Action - Clueless Top webpage. Here's the email Anne received:


Hi Anne,

I send a Facebook request to all twins so I am sending you one. How is your brother Alan? If you don't want to accept my request, I will understand since I don't agree with your lifestyle (that is my opinion but wouldn't let that stop me from being your friend). :) Is Alan on Facebook? If so, I would like to send him a friend request also. I sure have enjoyed being a twin for you always have a best friend. Love your profile photo!

Becky


We respond to Becky's comment about lesbians, by using her rhetoric at face value, and then substituting a scenario based on what it would look like if Becky were not supporting a sexual orientation hierarchy:


Hi Becky,

Thank you for your invitation. Yes, it is fun being a twin. It appears from your email that it is important to you that we write about whether or not we agree with each other's lifestyles. I would like to honor your criteria. It's been 40 years since we went to high school together, but I don't know anything about you now. If you send me some information about your lifestyle, I'll be glad to comment. Thanks. :)

Anne