Friday, December 9, 2016

Rep. Jim Buchy – Insisting on Remaining Clueless at the Top in Ohio

Clueless at the top, and insisting on staying there.

Rep. Jim Buchy, a Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives, is the co-sponsor of the Ohio bill that could become one of the most restrictive ever. The bill restricts abortion as soon as a heartbeat can be heard, which can occur as early as six weeks into pregnancy. The measure does not include any exceptions for rape or incest, and many women do not even know they are pregnant until more than six weeks into a pregnancy.

But as one of the bill’s strongest proponents, he says that he has “never even thought about” why women might want to get abortions in the first place.

“Well, there’s probably a lot of reasons— I’m not a woman,” he says, chuckling. “I’m thinking now if I’m a woman why would I want to get... Some of it has to do with economics. A lot of it has to do with economics. I don’t know. I’ve never ― It’s a question I’ve never even thought about.

In other words, people like him on the top think they know what is best for everyone else, and they don't have to listen to the people for whom they make decisions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-buchy-co-sponsor-of-ohio-heartbeat-bill-never-even-thought-about-why-women-get-abortions_us_584af889e4b0e05aded3c31f?